Syntfil is a package for Maple™ which allows design analog electrical filters. The Syntfil enables to solve approximation task, synthesis of LC ladder filters and active RC filters (ARC) including facilities for analysis of designed filter structures.
Syntfil package has three main parts:
- Set of functions for solving approximation tasks:
- frequency transformations,
- computation of filter order for a chosen type of approximation,
- computation of Butterworth approximation,
- computation of Chebyshev approximation,
- computation of Cauer approximation (types A, B and C),
- computation of Inverse Chebyshev approximation (types A and B).
- poles and zeros of gain and characteristic function,
- partial gain functions appropriate for cascade realization,
- transfer function and characteristic function of the filter.
- Set of functions for LC filter synthesis from gain and characteristic functions:
- computation of chain matrix from gain and characteristic
function for a chosen load, (Chain matrix is used for filter
- realization of polynomial and elliptic LC
ladder filters with many options,
- analysis of resulting filter structures including Q-factors of inductors.
- Cascade design of analog RC (ARC) filters:
- assignment particular zeros to corresponding poles, so-called
pole-zero pairing to biquadratic functions are formed,
- determination of order in which the biquadratic functions
(biquads) should be cascaded,
- choosing optimum gain distribution to particular biquads and
- realization of particular biquads,
- analysis of resulting filter structures including DC open-loop gain and unity-gain frequency of operational amplifiers and rounding resistor values to required series.
Syntfil package and its using is descibed on
- a simple example of lowpass filter design example1,
- an example of bandpass filter design example2 and
- complete help pages of all package commands.
Demo (light) version of Syntfil package is available for download. The light version includes only limited number of functions, compared to the full version. Computing abilities of the light version are specified here. Detailed description of both versions functions is defined in help pages. Keeping software licence it is possible to download the light version of Syntfil package including complete help pages and installation instruction through Maple Application Center of Maplesoft™ company.
Full version of Syntfil package is sold through the Maplesoft Web site as part of the MapleConnect™ program.
Maple and MapleConnect are trademarks of Waterloo Maple Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Users from cvut.cz domain can use interactive www application for electric filter design based on Syntil package.